Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What are the benefits to running?

Do you question whether or not running has any real benefit to your overall fitness?  Do you wonder it if really worth your while.  HI, my name is Cameron and I have been a fan of running for health all my life.  I run because it relieves the stress of my sometimes excessive work days.  It makes me feel not bad about eating that bowl of ice cream knowing I am doing something to get rid of those extra calories.  In addition I think that it is a great way to get outdoors and see more than just the four walls, floor and ceiling that make up your home.  Or, if the weather isn't so nice out, to a least get off that couch and get moving.

Simply running for 20-60 minutes three times a week has the potential to change your life.   Running is shown to decrease fat, increase our HDL cholesterol, decease triglycerides and the risk for heart disease, some people still don't believe that they can do it.  I've shown all of the many things that one can gain from the simple action of getting up out of that comfy seat, on your, feet and moving through my article on Street Articles.

If you were brought here because you are one of those people who likes to know as much about something as possible before you start something, I hope you take away all that running can do for you and that you can do for your body from this.  If you are already an avid runner and are just looking to see what benefits running has for you besides the pure joy you feel when your done then I hope that I have provided you with a little more information than you had before. Or if you were just looking for a good reason to finally get up off of the couch, pull those running shoes out of the back of your closed out, and get your feet moving underneath you I hope that this provided you with just a little bit more motivation.

If you are looking to lose 10 lbs in a month or just looking to get out and be active again, there is help out there.
But, if you have a story about why you enjoy running or what relief running gives you from your everyday doldrums then I would love to hear from you.  I think that sharing ones story in itself can add motivation and help you stay on the track of a healthy long life.

No comments:

Post a Comment